Google say it well enough themselves,
“Help customers find you on Google Maps“
Many millions of businesses and people use Google and Google maps to find other businesses every day and Google through their online Local Business Centre’s allow you to add your business FREE to their listings.
That way, when someone is searching for a local business similar to yours, you might have a better chance in ranking well in their Google Map search. Often a search in Google’s general search engine will show a small map of the local area with pinpoints directing you to local businesses, and by doing this yours could be one of them.
Like they say, it’s easy and it’s free – so why not!
- Go to www.google.com/local and click on ‘put your business on Google Maps‘
- Either login if you already have a Google account or ‘sign up now‘ to register
- To add a new listing, fill in your business information, including your email, website (if you have one) and up to five categories, add one at time, click on ‘add another category‘ if you want to another more than one.
- As well, you can input your operating hours, business payment options, up to 10 photographs, up to five video’s from a You Tube account, plus other additional details.
- Click submit and you’re done! As easy as that.
If you have more than one business, you can manage all your listings within your Google account and update it whenever you want.
I will have blog posts about these coming soon …